Micropiles are a specific type of pile grouting. Micropiles are soil replacement rather than soil displacement of small diameter piles. Usually, they are drilled and grouted high capacity steel bars acting in compression. Generally 2″-12″ in diameter, micropiles are friction rather than end bearing, depending on high adhesion (side friction) to the grouted mass. The bars can be single or multiple corrosion.
- structural support
- foundation augmentation
- earth retention
- building remediation- used as jacking piles
- can be installed in limited and low headroom access
- excellent where drilling is difficult
- can utilize small drilling equipment
- bars can be cut and coupled in as low as 4 ft. head room
Are Micropiles Right for Your Project?
Call us. Once we learn about your project needs we can discuss what option may be the best for you.